Greatest City on Earth (tomorrow)™ Plenty of things to do in this fast moving, typhoon powered metropolis of nearly 3 million. Hardware junkie paradise, Chinese culture heaven. Food lovers dream.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Japanese Visa -- No More

One of the positive bits of news this week was that Taiwanese will no longer be required to apply for short term entry visa for Japan.

Call it the battle of the Disneylands -- go to the new park in Hong Kong -- but you will need a visa or go to Japan Disneyland (Taiwanese are the No 1 foreign visitor group) without trouble.

Tough choice? I am having sushi while the children visit the house of mouse.

5 Comments:

Blogger Roy Berman said...

Actually I'm pretty sure that Koreans are #1 and Taiwanese #2. Either way Taiwanese tourism is a big deal though, and this will be a huge boost.

12:23 PM

 
Blogger taipeitaipei said...

Yes, you are correct.

Taiwanese are the #2 nationality. I found the following figures

Visitor arrivals, 2003

Nationality number % of total
South Korea 1,459,333 28.0
Taiwan 785,379 15.1
US 655,821 12.6

Source:
Economist Executive Briefing; Japan

Meanwhile, I will be adding to the catagory [Others] I should really pick up that dusty text book on Japanese, but I'd probably find a good excuse not to bother.

12:51 PM

 
Blogger Interad said...

Hi, I really like your blog. There is this outstanding website regarding korea drama full house. You better check it out some time.

10:53 PM

 
Blogger Interad said...

Hello, I am a korean visitor, good to see you.
I am sure that your blog page looks great to me which mean looking crowded so, I would like to let everybodies know korea information official site korea.net same as Dynamic korea - contains all about korea news and informations, please let me introducel this cool site. Dynamic korea offer korea travel, culture, food, arts and government info exactly what you want to knowkorean movie. You better check it out some time.

3:15 AM

 
Blogger Basiballi said...

Hi taipeitaipei, I read your post which I find interesting and very informative! I was also looking for related info which I found
Some at fee
It's not exactly what I was looking for but it was nonetheless interesting to read.

7:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home